05/08/2019 0 Comments
Happy Grilling Season!
All of us at Legacy Hearing hope your summer is going great and that you had a wonderful Canada Day. Since outdoor grilling season is still in full swing, we thought we’d share a delicious recipe that can also do good things for your hearing.
Everything in our bodies reacts in some way to the food that we take in; that includes the system that allows us to hear. Among the most important parts of your diet, when it comes to healthy hearing, are minerals. The following recipe is rich in Potassium, Zinc and Magnesium, which have all been connected to creating a healthy internal system to support your hearing health.
Healthy Hearing Steak & Potato Salad
- New potatoes = 1 lb
- Beef sirloin steak = 1 lb
- Salt = 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper = 1/4 tsp
- Mixed baby salad greens = 8 cups
- Cherry tomatoes = 1 pint, halved
- Minced shallot = 2 tbls
- Olive oil = 2 tablespoons
- Red wine vinegar = 1 tbl
- Dijon mustard = 1 tsp.
- Dried tarragon = 1/4 tsp
- Place your unpeeled potatoes in a pot.
- Add water until the potatoes are covered.
- Bring them to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking is a good time to whisk your oil, vinegar, mustard and tarragon into a dressing and then season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain and cover the potatoes to keep them warm.
- Heat up your grill at medium-high.
- Salt and pepper both sides of your steak.
- Grill the steak to your personal preference.
- Divide your greens, tomatoes and shallots into 4 plated servings.
- Cut your potatoes into quarters.
- Slice your steak into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Place steak and potatoes over the greens.
- Drizzle each serving with dressing and serve warm.